I began figure skating in the fall of 2006 just before my 24th birthday as a gift for myself. I started in the USFS Learn to Skate Basic Skills program and quickly passed all adult levels 1-4 and freestyle 1. I then moved into private lessons and began taking tests in the USFS test structure.
I am a member of the Greenville Figure Skating Club in Greenville, South Carolina. My home rink is The Pavilion in Taylors, SC.
- I occasionally volunteer as a teacher assistant for the Pavilion Skate School’s basic skills group classes. I have taught all ages from four year olds to adults in their late seventies.
I have been coached in the past by Cheryl Faust-Klein, and my current coaches are Charis Sloan (MITF & FS), and Michelle Wise (ice dance.)
I skate in custom Harlick boots and Mitchell & King Vision blades.
To date, I have passed the following tests in the USFS test structure:
- Pre-Preliminary Moves in the Field
- Pre-Preliminary Free Skate
- Preliminary Moves in the Field
- Preliminary Pattern Dance set: Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango, Rhythm Blues
- Pre-Bronze Pattern Dance set: Swing Dance, Cha Cha, Fiesta Tango
- I have passed all compulsory pattern dance tests with Donny Adair (former US Champion) or Gary Shortland (former UK champion) as my test partners.
I plan to test MITF through the senior level. I hope to test FS through at least the Intermediate level (single axel, doubles.) I am currently working on the following test levels and hope to pass them by the Spring of 2016:
- Preliminary Free Skate
- Pre-Juvenile Moves in the Field
- Bronze Pattern Dance set: Hickory Hoedown, Willow Waltz, Ten Fox
My 2016 goals are to pass:
- Pre-Juvenile and Juvenile Free Skate tests
- Juvenile and Intermediate Moves in the Field tests
- Pre-Silver and Silver Pattern Dance sets
In 2017 I hope to compete at the Championship Gold level at Adult Nationals.
- Greenville Figure Skating Club (my local USFS club)
- Pavilion Recreation Complex (my local rink… currently closed while a new one is built)
- Greenville Road Warriors (my local ECHL team)
- United States Figure Skating Association
- International Skating Union
- Professional Skaters Association
- IceNetwork (USFS competition streaming)
- Golden Skate (news & resources)
- Sk8Stuff Figure Skater’s Website (Don’t let the bland look fool you… this is the place to go to find rules, regulations, and other technical information!)
- Harlick Skating Boots (I wear their custom boots because my feet are picky like that)
- Mitchell & King Blades (I wear Vision blades, 10″)
- AIIUSSportsWear (eBay seller of ice skate practice pants and other apparel)
- Cheap Skates (eBay seller with TONS of costumes, tights, and accessories)
- Discount Skatewear (kind of like Discount Dance Supply, but for ice and roller skaters)
- Discount Dance Supply (little to no figure skating products, but fantastic source for your ballet/dance cross-training as well as dance dresses and separates that easily double as costumes!)
- Icessorize Unlimited
- Kinzies Closet (Figure Skating, Gymnasitcs, & Dancewear)
- Northern Ice and Dance
- Rainbo Sports (online store will reopen soon)
- Skater’s Landing
- The Costume Fairy (eBay seller of costumes)
- The Sharper Edge
- Valo3456 (eBay seller of costumes)